When you’re not happy, you’re not happy, and there’s only so much you can do to hide the unhappiness before it starts oozing into parts of your life that are supposed to make you happy.
Wow, that was profound. Hold the presses, we have a Pulitzer winner over here!
Playing fast and loose with exclamation marks, how am I not a best-selling author yet?
Sometimes the darkness gets too dark, it’s no longer comforting.
This is a fucking emo post, and I am over it. Quick, make a list of things that make me happy!
- Making lists
- Writing stuff down
- Reading stuff I wrote down
- Reading stuff other people wrote down, especially Terry Pratchett and China Mievilee
- Learning new languages
- Performing in a play
- More coffee
- Lined paper with the red margin on the side
- Jack Russells
- My Korean stressball that doubles as a globe
- Charcoal self portraits
- Winter days under a blanket
- Cuddles with my boyfriend (this should be much higher up on the list but the blanket made me think of it and I’m free writing so I can’t stop or change anything I’ve written here
- Turning off all social media, and avoiding temptation to check Facebook quickly
- Weekend plans with friends
- Staying sober while the world around me falls
- The smell of freshly bakes cookies
- Walking around unexplored territory
- Falling in love
- Travels and my travel journals
- Fuck this list is long. I must have a good life.
- No hashtags or emoticons, just a smile.